Which product would you recommend for getting rid of dark circles?
Cause of Dark Circles
Despite popular belief, a lack of sleep, fatigue, and staying out late aren’t the main causes of dark circles. Rather, dark circles are more commonly caused by genetics, thinning skin, allergies, drinking, smoking, and sun exposure.
Genetics or thinning skin related to age can make undereye skin appear darkened due to blood vessels close to the surface of the skin. Sun exposure boosts melanin production, which discolors skin. Allergies can cause the veins to become enlarged and more visible. A lack of sleep and dehydration can emphasize the situation, but usually they aren’t the primary cause.
How to Prevent Dark Circles
Doctor D. Schwab has created an eyecare line to address concerns specific to the eye area. Puff Away® Eye Gel is a specially formulated eye treatment which was created to address dark, puffy eyes. This age defying gel is packed with powerful natural antioxidants and cooling and strengthening ingredients which address the issue of dark circles caused by genetics including Vitamin K, Spirulina Maxima Extract, and Green Tea Extract; these ingredients naturally help to strengthen capillary walls and reduce the visibility of blood vessels through the undereye skin.
- Vitamin K: Undereye skin discoloration can be caused by a Vitamin K deficiency. Applying it topically directly addresses the deficiency. Eating foods rich in Vitamin K such as broccoli, carrots, spinach and strawberries can also help address the issue. It can also be beneficial to take a Vitamin K supplement or multivitamin; the recommended daily dosage of Vitamin K is 65 mg for adult females and 80 mg for adult males.
- Spirulina Maxima Extract: Spirulina, from Algae, has a high content of beta carotene and superoxide dismutase (SOD) which help to decrease discoloration, strengthen the small capillaries and increase the antioxidant activities.
- Green Tea Extract: Green Tea Extract is another natural extract which helps to strengthen the small capillaries. It contains large amounts of vitamins and tannins, and is high in anti-oxidants which protects against free radicals and slows the signs of aging. The primary antioxidants in Green Tea are Polyphenols, or catechins. The Polyphenols found in Green Tea are higher than those found in Black Tea (25% vs. 4%)
Other Benefits of Puff Away® Eye Gel
Reduce Puffiness | Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, found in citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit, and powerful Peptides help to reduce puffiness.
Minimize Fine Lines with Apple Stem Cells | Apple Stem Cells from the Swiss Uttwiler Spätlauber Apple have been shown to slow and reverse the signs of aging by ensuring the longevity of healthy skin cells. Epigenetic factors and metabolites activate the skin stem cells to help delay the aging of skin and begin skin’s rejuvenation process. Tested in clinical trials on the crow’s feet area of the eyes, it was found to reduce the depth of wrinkles by 15% in four weeks.
Tips for Seeing the Best Possible Results
- Apply Puff Away Eye Gel twice daily after cleansing and toning skin
- Be patient, as with any topical product, it can take up to a month of diligent application to see a difference
Reviews from the Puff Away Eye Gel. If you have tried Puff Away Eye Gel, write your own review!
Recommended Eyecare Regimen
To keep skin looking its best, your typical routine should consist of a cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, suncare, eyecare, and weekly exfoliant. Your eyecare can be applied at any point after cleansing and toning.
Additional Recommended Products
Eye Intensive Moist | Moisturizes undereyes if Puff Away® Eye Gel does not provide enough moisture. Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and helps to reverses the signs of aging.
Azulene Eye Makeup Remover| Soothing eye makeup remover that gently dissolves makeup with organic extracts.
Flawless Skin Fluid | A facial moisturizer with light reflecting particles that can be dabbed gently around the eye area to reduce the appearance of dark circles and other imperfections.